Just an update, after my last post regarding holiday illness, hubs was taken to bed with TONSILITIS.
Seriously. I kind of thought that only 10 year olds got that...
He DID do his best to emulate a sickly child by sending me text messages from the bedroom to bring him water and take his temperature, as well as looking puppy-dog sad when he matter-of-factly announced that he'd heard that kids who have tonsilitis get to eat all the ice cream they want. I promptly went out and bought him ice cream. What a good wife I am.
Shortly after (as in ONE day) little miss baby girl developed a hacking cough. Which turned into the same inflamed bronchial tubes issue that we battled a short two months ago. Seriously, when would it stop??
I had already not slept in my own bed for fear of being passed Henry's affliction, so it was only fitting for baby to need her mamma to sleep next to her.
And any of you reading this with kids knows that "sleep" does not happen in a bed with your kid.
I am a zombie.
Now, here we are, the week of Christmas, and I am madly preparing for a Trans-Atlantic flight.
Shopping is nearly finished, bags are most definitely not even packed much less brought out of the attic, the house is a disaster following two visitors from down under (BTW thank God for Aussies...they are the BEST houseguests ever), last minute doctors' appointment, downsizing the mini-pharmacy that we have in the kitchen to fit in the luggage (we only get 50 pounds each...), dog getting ready to be dropped off with Zia Ale, teachers' gifts for the daycare that Olivia has abandoned since the cough and the shortness of breath started, and a lovely husband's birthday in two short days, which warrants a few dozen of my homemade cupcakes be brought in to work tomorrow.
Anything else?
Well of course. Lessons, laundry, work, a bit of shopping for myself (MYSELF!? Yes, believe it or not I need stuff too...) and attempted meet-ups with dear friends to wish them a Merry Christmas before we all head to our respective home-lands.
Am I looking forward to this holiday?
Damn right I am.
I fully intend on sleeping like it is going out of style, and then - while I am awake, I also fully intend on drinking lots of terrible American beer and wine, eating massive portions of Mexican food, brownies, cookies, and whatever else ends up in front of me, and visiting my lovely friends (the ones who can fit me into their schedule of course...).
I will indeed celebrate. This is the first proper Christmas I will be spending at home in Indiana in four years, and I fully intend on making it one of the best ever.
To all of my friends and family around the globe, have a very very Merry Christmas, and best wishes for all the hapiness in the world in 2012.
My own personal happiness? - one is hacking away in her bedroom, and the other just sent me a text asking for some chocolate milk and cookies.
It's a wonderful life...
| My two sickies...enjoying their hot toddies... ; ) |
xoxo sjkh
No comments:
Post a Comment