I know I keep going on about weddings, and being a young lady who has already had three of her own, I should pretty much be tired of them by now...
But how can I be expected to grow weary of weddings when our friends continue to celebrate their unions in amazing places?! This past weekend Henry Olivia and I hopped in the car to celebrate the wedding of Dear Friends Elliot and Charlotte in the South of France...
OK, a quick work stop for Henry in Monaco....beach time for Mamma and Babba...
 |
| "You can reach me on the Monaco number dahhhhling...." |
Then off to Grasse for a super lovely time with lots of friends...
Now, for any of you who know the Harts very well, it is a rarity that Mr. Hart is master of linguistics with the Mrs. around. But Henry has managed to bring himself a couple of rungs in the language ladder following our latest trip. You see, although I have been in Europe for the better part of the 2000's now, I have not done tons of travelling round...so this was my first visit to France.
And I struggled with the language - BIG TIME.
Actually, struggled doesn't begin to explain just how lost I was. I now have a strong urge to learn at least a bit, as the natives looked at me with a deep "Silly American" expression...
Le Ouch.
Thank goodness the new couple are English and therefore the majority of the guests I was able to communicate sans difficulty...except with the Scottish guy of course ; )
(Side note - the Scottish guy who I sat next to at dinner was named Grigor and his wife - a German - was called Juanita...Love it! And loved them...what a couple!!)
But the wedding...Oh the wedding.
If Henry and I were Seal and Heidi Klum, we would have wedding renewal parties every year, most definitely. And if I could choose a place to get married again, it would definitely be this place. Strangely similar to our second wedding in the hills of Monfumo, yet so different.
It was beautiful. Pics can only try to do it justice....
 |
| Where Liv and I spent most of the wedding... |
 |
| Obligatory Hart Fam shot... |
 |
| Officially Mr and Mrs Herbertson! |
 |
| Lovely old Porsche... |
 |
| Drinks reception...what a setting... |
 |
| Liv dancing to the music... |
 |
| Looking good with the 'tasche... |
 |
| Liv obviously thinks something is funny... |
 |
| Silly Hart girls... |
 |
| Lavender everywhere...it smelled divine... |
 |
| Sweet baby. |
 |
| Father of the Bride makes his speech.... |
 |
| Sophie and Liv clowning around... |
 |
| Dinner... |
 |
| Who is this "Steffi Hart"???? |
 |
| Little touches made it so personal. |
 |
| Menu... |
 |
| I LOVE bunting. |
 |
| Hand painted signs directed you where you needed to be, and I definitely needed the bar. |
 |
| Guess whose husband was the first one in the pool? |
Many thanks to the couple and the families of the couple for such a wonderful time!!
 |
| Still so darn good lookin'... ; ) |
xoxo sjkh
No comments:
Post a Comment