Sunday, 18 September 2011

Buon Compleanno Bambina Mia...


So, two years ago today our lives changed dramatically.  We had been embroiled in a 19 month long house-buying war (as is probably typical here...), and all of a sudden had to come to terms with the fact that we had to bring our newborn daughter home to live in a "gasp, shock, horror" apartment.  I know.  Rough stuff.  But we managed to survive.  
Americans, I even gave birth in an Italian hospital with social healthcare....and it was a DREAM.  No they did not give me the option to have any painkillers whatsoever, but who the hell cares!  I can now hold the pain over Olivia's head for years to come.  You call that pain, I call it ammunition.  
But despite the pain, the big head, and the waddling for weeks after, I have myself now a baby girl who is two years old today.  
How the hell did that happen?  
So today is for my little princess...I love you so so very much. 
You have truly made my day, my week, my life - you name it.  
Who couldn't help but love to pieces a little girl who squats and tells you when she is doing a "fah-ties" - I'll leave you to the translation - and who points out the mole on my neck and calls it a "zucchini". 
Yep, pure entertainment.
So to my baby girl...Mamma loves you.  You are my little sunshine...
Happy birthday sweetheart.



xoxo Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment