Ahh...summer. This is my official summer vacation, as I am a "teacher" of sorts, but somehow this summer seems to have been the busiest one to date. I have not really stopped working (OK, on and off, but still, I am never without a bit of work here and there...), and there are many many things in this house that we have SWORN that will finally get done during the summer break! Hubs is painting the exterior right at this very moment...he is the best (and MAN does it look nice...like a new house!).
I have been busy too, crafting and creating, hosting tea parties with a very special little girly, potty training, going for bike and scooter rides, splishing around in the paddling pool, teaching Liv to chant USA USA! during the olympics to get on daddy's nerves....the list of fun goes on.
Just a few of the things that have taken up my time...
BUNTING!!
I have found my new little hobby - now if I can get the old machine I use to perform 100% of the time, I will be golden...
| Birthday bunting for Livvy's friend Samuele... |
| Flags ready to sew for my mum... |
End of Year gifts for teachers...I cannot quite believe that Livvy will be 3 soon and starting preschool. Wasn't it just the other day that she was a TEENSY WEENSY baby going with me to that same school and teaching with me??
| Cowboy cookies! I have never seen a more confused group of Italians...they were slightly mystified as what to do! |
CAKES!
As usual...some things never change.
| Yes, I made my own birthday cake. And it was GOOD! |
| Banana cake with cream cheese frosting...divine! |
And of course, the craftiest thing I have undertaken this summer...
| Coming soon - Feb 2013 |
Yep. That is a tiny arm and hand. And a head that is most likely NOT going to be tiny, if you know my husband and my daughter at all.
So there you have it. The Hart family summer. Lots of working and ice cream.
We really know how to live it up ; )
xoxo sjkh
Yeaaaaaa!! I knew it! Congratulations!! Guess I have to plan trip #2 to Italy to come see her/him!?!?
ReplyDeleteYep Tezza! Tell Mike to start packing...he's got to come too this time!! (mom and dad coming in march I think...well, we hope dad, gotta keep on him!!) xo
Delete