I know you haven't heard from me for a while, and I am sorry for that. I think I needed some time to finally come to terms with our emotional break-up. Six years is a long time and I think I am finally ready to talk about it.
Listen. We were both young. You, having joined the Union in 1816, were a new state by all intents and purposes. I was 25, and you are still not even 200 years old...so you can understand the lure of a much older suitor like Italy. I mean, our modern ways were pretty much invented here - what's not to like?
Having said that though, amore, I must say that there are so many things that I do miss about being with you. And it is during the month of May every year that I get extremely emotional....
I miss your springtime.
I miss Indianapolis...
...especially in May.
I miss your southern hills.
Hell, I even miss Terre Haute...
Your covered bridges...
4-H Fairs...
Strassenfest...
And so much more. But throughout our relationship you were not the perfect partner...You have your down sides as well...
| -16 in the winter? Give me a break!! |
| Tornadoes. Hate. |
| Smoking in Bars. Super hate. |
Only now after 6 years can I truly tell you how I feel, my dear Indiana.
I love you and I always will.
No matter if I am with you or somewhere else.
No matter if I am with you or somewhere else.
You will always be my home...where my family and part of my heart reside.
Take care of those who I love most who are still within your borders.
I may not come back very often, but know that when I do it is always with my arms wide open...ready to embrace all that you are and all that you mean to me.
And probably to eat an elephant ear.
Or two.
Hugs and Kisses. See you soon.
xoxo sjkh
No comments:
Post a Comment