Monday, 18 April 2011

Fast Food II


As much as I love cooking, I look forward to that time of year when I don't rely on hovering over the stove to catch a bit of extra warmth.  In the spring, I can throw open the windows and enjoy the breezes coming from the mountains while in the kitchen, but all that cooking distracts me...the solution of course is to prepare a lunch using only my well worn cutting board and the sharpest knife in my collection...

Proscuitto e Melone
Cured ham and Melon

There is nothing simpler and tastier than this dish...

Take this....


And add this...


And then eat it quickly...

Now, my American friends (ahem...Jasper, I'm talkin' to you...) may have a bit of hard time finding proscuitto crudo, but I have found it in Wal-Mart.  It is not cheap, so therefore this is a dish to enjoy in small numbers.  If you have the luxury of doing so, find a good italian delicatessen and splurge on good crudo.  You will not regret it!

Buon Appetito!!
xoxo sjkh



1 comment:

  1. mmm, making me hungry! Italian food, in Italy, is the best.

    ReplyDelete